Beating Sweater Apathy

Sometimes, when you're feeling a bit de-motivated and apathetic towards your knitting a beautiful yarn will turn up on your doorstep and you just have to make something with it no matter what.

So it was when I ordered 10 balls of Sirdar Balmoral arrived in my pigeon hole. One squeeze of a ball and I knew I had to find a pattern to suit it. I scoured Ravelry with no success but a rummage through my bookshelf turned up Kim Hargreaves pattern "Heather" in Rowan's book "A Season's Tale". I was taking a bit of a chance because the pattern is for an aran weight yarn and Balmoral is a DK but, knitting on the needles specified for the yarn has turned out a fantastic sweater that fits beautifully and has a great cuddle factor. I modified the pattern to knit the bulk of the body in the round but, apart from adding extra stitches to the funnel neck to make a more comfortable fit I didn't have to make any other adjustments to the pattern and the instructions were very easy to follow.

Being a member of Ravelry has made me forget that I have a vast stash of patterns on my bookshelf. I learned to knit with Rowan's pattern books and, having re-discovered them, I'm now embarking on another one from the luscious Rowan No44.

1 comments:

Team Knit said...

I've been hearing about Rowan's membership all over for the last couple of days, it's like the universe is telling me to join! that sweater is gorgeous, by the way.

- Julie

Post a Comment






On The Needles



Stats